Before applying, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- You are able to communicate and express yourself reasonably well in written English.
- You are trustworthy and have a reputable history.
- Your capabilities are of similar or better quality than the work of our team.
- You are prepared to commit and dedicate to this project, invest part of your spare time, show consistent activity and take criticism.
- You meet the requirements specified for your position on the jobs page.
If you would like to join our development team, follow these simple steps:
- Include your nickname and desired position in the thread title.
- Tell us about yourself, your skills, potential and value to our team. Keep it simple, coherent and structured for us to get a solid first impression.
- Include, attach or link to examples of your work! This already is the decisive part for most applicants.
Your work must be recent and in a presentable state (no early WIPs or scrapped material).
Optionally, provide contact details and / or your website (portfolio).
- Specify which project you would like to focus on: [ OBM / GD / BOTH ]
- Include your Steam ID! We might interview you via Steam chat.
- Double-check your application and make sure you included all relevant information!
- Stick around and wait for a response from the development team. If your application form has been accepted, expect an admin to contact you via PM, introducing you to the next stage of the application process (i.e. test assignment).
Next, your skills will be tested, both in terms of quality and communication. During the testing phase, please work the same way you would as an actual team member:
- The content you provide during your assignment should be designed in a way that it could make it into the final game! Ideally, your work will be used, not scrapped.
- Level Design applicants will initially work with placeholder assets from Half-Life 2. Once their work has been approved, OBM / GD assets will be transferred and applied to the map.
- Update your progress regularly and iterate your work based on the team's feedback. If something is unclear, don't hesitate to ask! It saves a lot of time for everyone concerned.
We are currently looking for:
- 3D Artists
If you think you can contribute to our projects in another field and your talent has not been listed, feel free to contact us nonetheless!
Note: We do not
accept sound designer, composer, PR manager, writer, video editor, playtester or "idea person" applications.
For more information, refer to the jobs
All your activities and services for and within the development team are voluntary and free of charge. Tripmine Studios exclusively produces non-commercial content at no profit.