Are we still getting a mutplayer demo or mod trailer

• Are we still getting a mutplayer demo or mod trailer

Are we still getting a multiplayer or even a trailer any time soon idk about the demo but can we expect to see a early trailer for ither obm or gd in 2017/18 I know you guys can't tell the mod progress at this time but from what I see from the media releases the mod I would say is near 75 to 80% in terms of maps in other things I'm not sure not enough media of things like npc prop models textures and other things I hope to get a response buy the devs and as for the community what do you guys think of the progress of the mod based on the media

Thank you and have a very safe and productive day :)
    • *This thread has been moved to the General Discussions Section*

We cannot, and will not, promise or even hint at a demo release date or a trailer release date.
      Doing that has resulted in nothing but disappointment and backlash from fans when we have failed to provide such things in the past.

When it comes to a demo or a free version or a paid version - that is all up in the air. We will worry about that more when the time comes. The public will know as soon as we have a solid release date and plan.

As for % done, none of that really matters right now because we are still in DIRE need of an experienced character artist and experienced character and weapon animator. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in the character department.
      Senior Level Designer | Environment Artist | Animator @ Operation Black Mesa & Guard Duty | My Website
    • EvilGoodGuy wrote:

*This thread has been moved to the General Discussions Section*

We cannot, and will not, promise or even hint at a demo release date or a trailer release date.
      Doing that has resulted in nothing but disappointment and backlash from fans when we have failed to provide such things in the past.

When it comes to a demo or a free version or a paid version - that is all up in the air. We will worry about that more when the time comes. The public will know as soon as we have a solid release date and plan.

As for % done, none of that really matters right now because we are still in DIRE need of an experienced character artist and experienced character and weapon animator. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in the character department.
      I believe that the trailer should be the starting point for the promotion of the projects. After its release there will be a massive hype. And it must be maintained before the games are released. You will need a plan for the entire period starting from the release of the trailer, ending with the release of games. Approximately the same as in AAA games. :)
    • Not sure if you are aware, but the promotion for the projects started around 7 years ago.
      So it's a little late to start it with a trailer.

We are NOT a AAA team. We do not have a consistent workflow, or a full team of experienced devs. Nor have we made a cent off of it.

So it
      should be obvious that we are not capable of the same workflow or public relations release schedule as normal studios.
      Senior Level Designer | Environment Artist | Animator @ Operation Black Mesa & Guard Duty | My Website
    • I know it. Again, the main thing is that you need to keep hype around your projects after trailer's release. Since 2007, it's been 10 years, About the fact that you are making remakes of addons for the Half-Life know more than 1 million people. But now, how many people are interested in projects? Check news, blogs, forum? I want to say, since you rarely have media updates, their appearance always increases the interest of fans, but after a while it drops again. And it's not a fact that all those who were previously interested in the project will return, some will simply forget. I do not want to see a similar situation with the trailer. Of course, there the hype level will be much higher. But if you don't regularly support the project with mass information updates, the level of expectations will again fall. And many people who have watched the trailer, can learn that the game came out, long after the release itself, which will affect the activity of players, etc. The same goes for regular in-game updates after the release, to maintain people's interest. I REALLY want these games to be successful from the side, for example,online and activity. Well, that's just my opinion. I'm not a PR manager or anything like that. :b ^^ :D
    • I think you completely missed my point.

We do not have the ability to sustain a long-term (or even short term) hype train for the projects. So we are not going to release a trailer just to get hype. We care more about finishing the project than trying to entertain fans with media.
      The trailer will most likely make an appearance a very short time before a definite release date. Maybe a month or 2 at max.

After all these years, most people who are still fans, will still be fans when it's released. Besides, it's going to release on steam. So I'm not even a little bit worried about publicity. Steam makes it crazy easy for both old and new fans to find the project.

And honestly, in regards to expectations falling due to few media updates, that would not be a bad thing. At all. If anything, that is a good thing.
    • Building too much hype too soon before the release might actually hurt us. A trailer will definitely happen, maybe even MP demo, but when the right time comes we will announce it. For instance, if we released MP beta around this time, two things would happen:
      1) We would have to update MP beta. That would be too much extra work that would affect overall progress on the rest of the project. That's why the MP beta we planned years ago got postponed.
      2) Multiplayer would very likely die very soon.

For us, it is also more important to build hype prior to the release. That is one reason why our media releases are not frequent and consistent.
    • Hype should only be built when there's at least a 99% certainty that the mods are coming out really really soon. That way, on their release date, people will be all over them; but until then it's better to stay a bit in the shadows. As long as you guys don't just drop the project and let it die, you can take as long as you need. I know for damn sure I won't be forgetting about you, and this applies to basically the whole active Half-Life community and fans.

© 2017 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.