the story of the mod : Guard Duty & Operation Black Mesa

• the story of the mod : Guard Duty & Operation Black Mesa

the story of the mod should be the main topic of the forum ;']

i already wrote at moddb that the transition between the two could be the end of GD [end of bshift ] and the beginning of obm being in a hospital . the little police man turning into a military ;']

the angle that can make gd/obm very cool , is to keep and enhance the two stories and even reuse some maps of them in the two stories plus some of bms
      like with azure sheep , the same place having some change like before and after gordon-freeman plus here before and after barney . may be some maps of decay could be inserted like :
      at the begining of bshift when barney is down , a train have the gman , may be a new one one can come and bring barney in the dormitories , an other one will take him elsewhere back in bs story . then later the dormitories could be a nice place where militaries attack .

i think well writing these "new" events in the "whole story" can help the mappers to know what to do in each map and make a very good mod.
    • RE: the story of the mod : Guard Duty & Operation Black Mesa

sixcentgeorge wrote:

the story of the mod should be the main topic of the forum ;']

i already wrote at moddb that the transition between the two could be the end of GD [end of bshift ] and the beginning of obm being in a hospital . the little police man turning into a military ;']

the angle that can make gd/obm very cool , is to keep and enhance the two stories and even reuse some maps of them in the two stories plus some of bms
      like with azure sheep , the same place having some change like before and after gordon-freeman plus here before and after barney . may be some maps of decay could be inserted like :
      at the begining of bshift when barney is down , a train have the gman , may be a new one one can come and bring barney in the dormitories , an other one will take him elsewhere back in bs story . then later the dormitories could be a nice place where militaries attack .

i think well writing these "new" events in the "whole story" can help the mappers to know what to do in each map and make a very good mod.

This sounds good, on the other hand, I believe this would mean quite significant changes to both, OBM and GD storyline. Imo, I think this would work in case we weren't remakes, but brand new mods with new storyline.

the changes that need to the maps , are not so impossible because you can compile them again...
      as you recreate all maps , you can insert things that were never seen .
      by the way create the story in a per map view is cool as you can set in and out of the map and check the geometry .
      i do not want to say you behave badly ;'] , i have no idea how you and the team works , what i have seen at moddb is quite nice and very good . but try to create some new parts and reduce original maps as 20 or 30% of the new .
      if you look at moodb page of bmesa , today having 1870 pages , 14 september is ending at 146 , there are nearly 50-60 pages around that date it was made . so from the day it was made only 800-1000 comments... that is not so great , mostly because they did a real great job starting with nothing .
      it should come from the fact they are too close to the original in room sizes so players do not find big changes or no new challenges or new actions .
      i made a mod with svencoop maps : http://www.moddb.com/mods/assault-strike
      you should play it and i am sure it will give you plenty of idea about using space "to the max" and may be you ll see better what i mean about the remix of the story ;']
      i added maps of azure sheep to the hl and opfor mods that i all did by myself ;']
      i would hold a server but temps are very high these days in france and europe ....trains are derailing every day , last one [not far from my hometown] in spain made 80 dead yesterday

Post was edited 1 time, last by sixcentgeorge ().

We do plan to add whatever we can to enhance the experience; however the scope of our project doesn't allow us to consider your requests at large.
      At heart, our projects are reimaginations of Opposing Force and Blue Shift; of course there can be variances in the extent of it, but if we planned a whole new storyline around it, these projects would never get done.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Uphys ().

my mod was deleted by moddb ...they are boyfriends of sven & snipper , and valve is a new sc fan...
      by the way you can get the files at mega , read the steam forum page for link : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3132642

my home server is online 24/7 , but may be off according to the bad weather we have in france with a lot of alerts about summer 's thunderstorms .
      steam should show them in the browser but you can also use a direct connection by typing connect grml4d.dlinkddns.com:27016 or connect grml4d.dlinkddns.com:27017 or with 27018 .
      I should be playing from time to time during the day , server is in france .

© 2020 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.