Black Ops Grunts voice acting.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Black Ops Grunts voice acting.

so, this theme treats on how would be nice to make the Black ops voice acting, which are the human grunts of half life1, but in opposing force.
    In my opinion, i really hated the black mesa source human grunts voice acts. They were really overreacted. I mean, they were like WEEE ARREEE GONNA KICK YOUR FUCKING AAASS BLAAARRGGHHH HRAAAHHr, it sounded more like Hulk with a radio chatter in his mouth, than a tactical commando soldier. :mad:
    So i don't want this happen again in this amazing upcoming mod. REMEMBER: I'TS ONLY A SUGGEST, YOU CAN DO WHATHEVER YOU WANT.
    make them sound like real tactical black ops units, with brief phrases and chats, and with radio waves. Try to make them talk and not everytime SCREAMING like in black mesa enemy humans did.
    i would appreciate too much if anyone can respond this and what's the opinion about it.
    Thanks, and i have so much faith in you guys! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  • RE: Black Ops Grunts voice acting.

I wasn't fan of BM voiceover as well. I know that they wanted to achieve kind of "cheesy" feeling, but in my opinion they just overdone this and it affected the feeling and atmosphere in not so good way. I hope we will do it better. And I believe we are on the good way.

So long as the Marines in the game refer to the other HECU Marines as "Marine" and not "soldier" Ill be happy.

Cannot stress how irritating that is in the original half life opposing force
    INTRO
    "Do you have a problem private? i will tell you your orders when you land do you understand me SOLDIER?" Gahhh during that dialogue it even says Cpl. Shepard is a marine. Marines don't call each other soldier its an insult. I've never been called soldier by another marine.
    Valve is weird.

Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to seeing the end product.
    Semper Fidelis
    Corporal Dingo.

cpldingo1987 wrote:

So long as the Marines in the game refer to the other HECU Marines as "Marine" and not "soldier" Ill be happy.

INTRO
    "Do you have a problem private? i will tell you your orders when you land do you understand me SOLDIER?" Gahhh during that dialogue it even says Cpl. Shepard is a marine. Marines don't call each other soldier its an insult. I've never been called soldier by another marine.
    Valve is weird.

Semper Fidelis
    Corporal Dingo.

It's not Valve, but Gearbox :). But anyway, it's nice to know this :). We are definitely trying to get some authenticity to this kind of scenes, so any info like this can help us.

mrsugar wrote:

cpldingo1987 wrote:

INTRO
    Valve is weird.

Semper Fidelis
    Corporal Dingo.

It's not Valve, but Gearbox :). But anyway, it's nice to know this :). We are definitely trying to get some authenticity to this kind of scenes, so any info like this can help us.

OF COURSE ITS GEARBOX! How silly of me :).... I forget sometimes...haha

Heres something else....the medics.. We marines don't have medics...we are too cheap ;). WE draw from the Navy and they are called Corpsmen (pronounced CORE-men). Medics are for the Army.
    ALSO...something else that has always bothered me. Shepard is a Corporal....like me.... one things Corporals(along with anyone whose enlisted private-serjeant major) hate is being called SIR... Sir is a term only for officers.

AND if you guys are really wanting authenticity marines talk a little bit like sailors with our own twist heres a link to a bunch of lingo or acronyms we use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_acronyms_and_expressions

I do hope this will help you guys out. Any other questions regarding the military or the Marine Corps in general please feel free to ask me I lurk these pages frequently.

OH yea and one last thing, If a character is over the rank of sergeant we say the whole rank not just sergeant or sarge, that may fly in the army but not in the corps.
    Example
    an E6 is a Staff Sergeant... he is called Staff Sergeant not sergeant... If you have a gunnery sergeant(e7) he's a gunny or gunnery sergeant. Not sergeant. I called my Gunny just sergeant once... I had to dig a hole for the rest of the day.

jsut some food for thought.
  • cpldingo1987 wrote:

mrsugar wrote:

cpldingo1987 wrote:

INTRO
    Valve is weird.

Semper Fidelis
    Corporal Dingo.
    OF COURSE ITS GEARBOX! How silly of me :).... I forget sometimes...haha

Heres something else....the medics.. We marines don't have medics...we are too cheap ;). WE draw from the Navy and they are called Corpsmen (pronounced CORE-men). Medics are for the Army.
    ALSO...something else that has always bothered me. Shepard is a Corporal....like me.... one things Corporals(along with anyone whose enlisted private-serjeant major) hate is being called SIR... Sir is a term only for officers.

AND if you guys are really wanting authenticity marines talk a little bit like sailors with our own twist heres a link to a bunch of lingo or acronyms we use.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_…_acronyms_and_expressions

I do hope this will help you guys out. Any other questions regarding the military or the Marine Corps in general please feel free to ask me I lurk these pages frequently.

OH yea and one last thing, If a character is over the rank of sergeant we say the whole rank not just sergeant or sarge, that may fly in the army but not in the corps.
    Example
    an E6 is a Staff Sergeant... he is called Staff Sergeant not sergeant... If you have a gunnery sergeant(e7) he's a gunny or gunnery sergeant. Not sergeant. I called my Gunny just sergeant once... I had to dig a hole for the rest of the day.

jsut some food for thought.
    I would LOVE to see these additions made. I had the exact same loss of immersion by the block-headed dialogue. I know Half Life wanted the grunts to be gung-ho warriors with itchy trigger fingers, but they ended up making shouty, mindless drones with some frankly laughable combat strategy. You would have expected a reduction in this with OpFor, but instead...

"Agh, my dogs are BARKIN'!"
    "Sure, we can do more DAMAGE THAT WAY!"
    "CHECK YOUR ZONE!"
    "UuUHhHh, rOgEr ThAt!!!!"

There's an opportunity to weave an almost Saving Private Ryan level story of military grit and brotherhood into the already vibrant Half Life universe. If we give these men real character development, just through some ambient dialogue and key cinematic moments, there could be some real emotional weight to the Warhead's detonation.

Here's some other posts I made related to these ideas

Thoughts on Ranking and Authority: tripminestudios.com/community/…building-ideas/#post49440
    Story Beats and Character: tripminestudios.com/community/…od-reasons-why-they-stay/

© 2018 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.