Dev Commentary Nodes and preserving the history of this mod's development.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Dev Commentary Nodes and preserving the history of this mod's development.

Given as long as these two mods have taken and all the various changes in builds, teams, direction, and engines I would certainly love to see in the game some dev commintary like in the half-life 2 episodes describing the development and changes to each area. Perhaps it could serve both as interesting history about how these mods got made and the struggles behind the scenes and be instructional for others on how to remake old games on newer engines. Other ideas that be worth doing is maybe a secret dev room with cut material in game that clever players could discover and see things or rooms that got cut. Or perhaps unlockable content like concept art or uncut music.

Lastly at one time Black Mesa used to have a wiki (don't know what happened to it but it seems missing) one of the cool things that the wiki had was for each chapter was a break down of how it looked from the early builds to the final build and describing some of the changes. All this stuff would be cool to have as opposed to looking through moddb and trying to speculate on old images.
  • There were times when Wiki was also considered, but that´s past already and this idea no longer around. Having a development commentary is still in the game. I think most of the members would like to share some insight with players. I personally would love to do that.

This can also be eventualy added with post-release update. This is nice, but we don´t want to delay the project just because of this. Priority is to finish the campaign and multiplayer.
  • Mr.sugar wrote:

There were times when Wiki was also considered, but that´s past already and this idea no longer around. Having a development commentary is still in the game. I think most of the members would like to share some insight with players. I personally would love to do that.

This can also be eventualy added with post-release update. This is nice, but we don´t want to delay the project just because of this. Priority is to finish the campaign and multiplayer.
    That'd be cool if and when that occurs in the game. While I understand the concern of it taking away time and resources from making the mod, I don't see why some videos or a wiki about the earlier builds and versions of this mod once it comes out. By then it shouldn't get in the way of production.

© 2018 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.