Suggestions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Suggestions?

Put your suggestion here
    [hr]
    From my perspective, i think this mod needs Aiming down Sights"Iron Sights". Why? because this game is more killing and more tactical than the original half life 1 and Blue Shift. Iron sights will expand the gameplay of this game.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Revolve ().

• RE: Suggestions?

Uphys wrote:

Some weapons will have sights where precision aiming is required, for instance the sniper rifle / crossbow / revolver.
    Others which have secondary fire modes, however, will not (such as mp5, glock etc.).

Why not all of the weapons use ironsights? How bout use another button to switch to the secondary fire.(e.g press [x] to toggle secondary function).

Post was edited 1 time, last by Revolve ().

On many weapons it serves no practical purpose to use sights. Creatures and Black Mesa prototypes for instance don't have any.

In general the topic of iron sights in Half-Life games is very controversial and highly opinionated within the community. We have chosen to find a good compromise which enhances the experience on high precision weapons whereas retaining the emphasis on fast paced oldschool gameplay with others.

Post was edited 1 time, last by Uphys ().

The Dam standoff:

http://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/13/12118/of5a40001.PNG
    The closing of the chapter foxtrot uniform was an unusual one and underwhelming at best. What struck me has peculiar was how the marines had the Gargantua trapped and TNT set up all around him, yet they didn't bother setting it off, just sat their shooting at it and one guy was even dumb enough to get right up in-front of it.

Personally I think this section is in great need of a serious overhaul. I've come up with a scenario that could hopefully really spice this level up and add a more chaotic atmosphere to the final hours of the Black Mesa Incident.

Scenario: This idea completely discards the concept of trying to capture the Gargantua, I just can't think of any way the marines can pull this off. As the player enters the dam he sees a very bleak situation, the aftermath of several skirmishes, blood, human corpses, race x corpses, xenian corpses, scorch marks, and bullet casings strewn all over the place. As Adrian looks outside he sees even more carnage and quite a depressing scene. A squad of marines are huddled up in a corner near the other side of the dam. After being left behind and no hope of escape, they hold off the alien hordes for as long as they can. This little hold out is surprisingly well armed and defended but low on medical supplies; you also notice that the marines have set up C4 charges on the dam in-case a big enough threat tries to cross over. The C4 is activated via remote which the player doesn't posses, this way nobody can just short cut through the level. The player has just enough time to stock up on ammo before the aliens start pouring in. Race x & xenians making their way towards the hold-up (killing each other in the process). After a good while of tearing up the alien forces a Gargantua appears and makes his way to the hold-up. At this point one of your marine buddies detonates the C4 in hopes of killing the beast. The blast destroys a huge chunk of the dam, sends the Garg flying a bit and even knocks of some of its armor. But the menacing creature is still alive and proceeds to charge the hold-up, killing any race x alien that gets in the way. At this point the player has to try and escape the gargantua so he can get into the exposed pipes in the dam.
  • Hello, I'm a new user here and I saw what you guys are trying to do and I just wanted to ask as to why haven't the developers asked the Black Mesa devs for help if it's taking this long for some help. I think it would be beneficial for both parties in that all 3 games can be completed and successfully worked on. With that, Tripmine and The BM devs can have their games:

A. Able to tie into each other with some scenes from Black Mesa that already happened (aka the Apprehension scene and Gordon Freeman entering the Xen Portal)
    B. The combined effort could help in making the process of finishing the games faster
    C. Just so there is no need to outdo yourselves in making great content

And lastly I see that this could be a win-win scenario so I just want to ask the simple question: Why not work with them?
  • "Why don't you just throw out your content and use theirs" is actually painful to hear, and a selfish sentiment. We want you guys to enjoy the games, but we also want to have fun doing our hobby, and see the fruits of what we've spent years working on. What if you were painting a tree, and someone said, "Hey, this other artist painted a similar tree, why don't you just throw yours away and paint some extra leaves and branches on theirs? A lot of it is already done, you don't have to paint as much!" You'd be cross as fudge. No, I don't want just a tree in general, I want to paint my tree. I'm already painting my tree, I like how it looks, let me finish it.

Demolitionist1 wrote:

A. Able to tie into each other with some scenes from Black Mesa that already happened (aka the Apprehension scene and Gordon Freeman entering the Xen Portal)

Arguable as a pro. Sure, technically the scene would be already present, but what if our plans differ greatly? We'd have to throw them out or rework to fit the BM rendition. It's a restriction.

Demolitionist1 wrote:

B. The combined effort could help in making the process of finishing the games faster

It would actually cause crazy turmoil in that two entirely different teams with entirely different work processes, standards and ideas would clash and scramble to reorganize. Not to mention the legal nightmare it would be. Combining teams on projects this scale isn't simple or easy. You don't just go "hey, work on this new thing," everything will fall apart.

Demolitionist1 wrote:

C. Just so there is no need to outdo yourselves in making great content

We do this because we want to outdo ourselves. Making content and improving/learning is fun for us. Plus all of our content that we've been working on all these years would have to be thrown out. That hurts. This is 100% a con.

Demolitionist1 wrote:

And lastly I see that this could be a win-win scenario so I just want to ask the simple question: Why not work with them?

Besides the mentioned and what we've said in the FAQ, everyone's got their hands full as it is. They're busy, we're busy, combining would just be a logistical nightmare with minimal improvements of arguable value.

"120% sorry!"

© 2019 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.