About the Shock Roach.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• RE: About the Shock Roach.

- Every weapon has idle animations
      - We have no idea, this will be based on the playtest sessions. It's fairly simple to adjust these things on the go.
      - We have no plans for this, we are not entirely sure if similar animation would fit shockroach in particular. Do you have any ideas yourself?

Alright, thanks for the first two answers.

Let's take Black Mesa's Hornet Gun pick up animation. Gordon basically, uh, sticks his hand inside the thing.

Well, if you read the Half Life wiki, the Shock Roach attachs firmly to the user's hand. How about Shepard struggling to get it off, before he finds a way to get it off (so he can use other weapons), before putting it back on?

Also, on another question :
      -Will some of the weapons have a pick up animation when you get them for the first time?

ThalVerscholen wrote:

Alright, thanks for the first two answers.

Let's take Black Mesa's Hornet Gun pick up animation. Gordon basically, uh, sticks his hand inside the thing.

Well, if you read the Half Life wiki, the Shock Roach attachs firmly to the user's hand. How about Shepard struggling to get it off, before he finds a way to get it off (so he can use other weapons), before putting it back on?

Also, on another question :
      -Will some of the weapons have a pick up animation when you get them for the first time?

I must say I like the idea of the "struggle animation" for Shock roach :). I would say it would make sense for the animation when you get it for the first time, but I'm not sure if it would make sense to repeat this animation everytime player picks it up?

© 2018 Tripmine Studios. Valve, Steam, Gearbox, Half-Life Trademarks of Valve.